“This dessert will make you a star among whoever you serve it to!” says the promo material for this recipe. It is really unique and great fun food for a party. It is the brainchild and original recipe found on the Plush Puffs website, the place for gourmet marshmallows in a rainbow of flavors (www.plushpuffs.com). I upped the ingredient amounts slightly without losing any of the charm. Waffle cones take the place of the corn chips in the savory version. Be sure the waffle cones are fresh and crunchy.
Cookware: Microwave-friendly 10- to 12-inch round platter
Microwave Wattage: 1,100 to 1,300
Total Cook Time: 30 to 60 seconds
Standing Time: None
- 8 to 10 large marshmallows
- 3 to 4 tablespoons best quality caramel sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans or unsalted macadamia nuts
1. On a microwave-friendly platter, arrange the waffle cone pieces in pile as if they were chips for nachos. Using a pair of kitchen shears or scissors, cut the marshmallows into small 1⁄4-inch pieces and scatter over the waffle pieces. Drizzle with the caramel sauce. Sprinkle the chips and nuts over the top.
2. Microcook for 30 to 60 seconds, until toppings melted and gooey. Serve immediately while warm with plenty of napkins to the ohhs and ahhhs.
Recipe and text copyright Beth Hensperger 2017
Please enjoy the recipe and make it your own. If you copy the recipe and text for internet use, please include my byline and link to my site.