- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces (3 3/4 cups) pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2 frozen prepared 9-inch pie crusts, unthawed, or homemade 9-inch single pie crusts, frozen
Preheat the oven to 350º. In a large bowl with a whisk or electric mixer, beat the eggs, then add the sugar, melted butter, syrups, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans. Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake in the center of the preheated for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, and center is puffed and firm, but still a dash wiggly. A thin knife inserted into the center will come out clean. Place on a rack to cool completely; it takes about 3 to 4 hours.
Wrap each pie in plastic wrap and then in heavy aluminum foil, pressing the foil down on the pie. Freeze up to 1 month. Defrost the wrapped pie at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Uncover the pie and warm in a preheated 300º oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold from the refrigerator. Makes 2 pies, each serving 8. Pie keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic.