This simple mixture of turkey, pecans, and green onions is one of the most delicious and popular sandwich I have ever made. It takes minutes to mix in the food processor. The time is spent constructing the sandwiches. Use a firm, extra thin sliced bread, such as Pepperidge Farm or Oroweat. They are easily made the day before and stored in a covered container, or covered with a damp tea towel in the refrigerator.
Makes about 48 small sandwiches.
- One 1 1/2-pound package skinless hickory-smoked turkey breast, cut into chunks
- Heaping 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 6 green onions
- About 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Veganaise soy mayonnaise (egg free), just enough to bind
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 loaves thinly sliced white or whole wheat bread (about 24 slices),
2. Spread the turkey mixture on half of the bread slices. Cover with the remaining slices. Trim the crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 triangles on the diagonal.
Recipe and text copyright Beth Hensperger 2011
Please enjoy the recipe and make it your own. If you copy the recipe and text for internet use, please include my byline and link to my site.